AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONSDayton Bar Association Dayton Bar Association Civil Trial Practice Committee Dayton Bar Association Committee on Bar Exam and Qualifications (Vice Chair) Dayton Volunteer Lawyers Association Ohio State Bar Association Ohio Association for Justice American Association for Justice The National Trial Lawyers Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association
Jack R. Hilgeman, ESQ.
Attorney Jack Hilgeman concentrates his practice in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, nursing home negligence and product liability. Jack’s entire career has been dedicated to helping those injured by the negligence of others and has obtained more than $25,000,000 in settlements/judgments for his clients.
Jack is a fourth-generation lawyer having followed in the footsteps of his father, John P. Hilgeman, grandfather, Jack E. Staley, and great-grandfather, Honorable Simon L. Leis. In law school, Jack spent time in the Montgomery County Prosecutor’s Office before joining Cowan & Hilgeman in 2010. In 2011, Jack joined a small firm in San Diego, California, but returned home in 2012 where he joined a mid-sized Plaintiff’s firm and led the firm’s personal injury practice. With hard work and commitment to his clients, Jack quickly grew the firm’s personal injury practice by more than 1,000%. In 2017, Jack re-joined Cowan & Hilgeman and assumed leadership of the firm’s tort practice.
Many regional and national publications have recognized Jack’s success and tireless work ethic for his clients. The following publications have recognized him at the top of the legal profession:
- AV Preeminent® with Martindale-Hubbell which is given to attorneys who are ranked at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal expertise, communication skills and ethical standards by their peers.
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators which requires an attorney to litigate a matter with at least $2,000,000 in alleged damages at stake and meet the highest standards for legal achievements, professional experience, significant case results and/or verdicts, peer reputation, client satisfaction, other notable honors, media notoriety, and community impact, among other factors.
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 which is only awarded to lawyers that demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and public profile measured by objective and uniformly applied standards. Members must exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a lawyer under the age of 40. Selection is based on an objective process which includes peer nominations and third-party search.
- Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers® which recognizes no more than 5% of lawyers based on the highest peer review and grades for verdicts/settlements, transactions, representative clients, experience, honors/awards, special licenses/certifications, position within the law firm, bar and professional activity, pro bono and community service, scholarly lectures/writings, education/employment background and other outstanding achievements.
- AVVO Rating of Superb (10.0/10.0) which is based on an attorney’s qualifications, including experience, professional achievements, and disciplinary actions.
Jack is also involved in the community having participated in several pro bono programs including the Dayton Bar Association Wills for Heroes and Volunteer Lawyer Project. He currently serves as the Chair of the Dayton Bar Association Committee on Bar Exam and Qualifications wherein he has argued before the Office of Bar Admissions of the Supreme Court of Ohio.
Jack currently resides in the Dayton, Ohio, area with his wife, Danielle, and sons, Reis and Charlie.
About Cowan and Hilgeman Law
Cowan and Hilgeman has provided legal services for clients in Dayton and Southern Ohio for over 20 years. We allow clients to concentrate all of their legal needs and demands within one firm by having over 70 years combined professional experience. It is our goal to stand behind our pledge "be a name, not a number" ensuring our full commitment to every case.