Were you involved in an Ohio
Our Dayton Personal Injury Attorneys want to help
Dedicated to advocating for Ohio’s injury victims
The most recent report issued by the Ohio State Highway Patrol calculated more than 1,000 fatalities occurred in 2016 as a result of car crashes. Motor vehicles are powerful machines that cause significant injuries when they collide. When faced with uncertainty regarding your future, you need peace of mind.
In helping clients for over three decades, Cowan & Hilgeman understands how to protect your rights against professional insurance adjustors that stop at no cost to minimize your claim, deny your medical bills and treat you unfairly. The motor vehicle accident attorneys at Cowan & Hilgeman will explain the entire claim process, from start to finish.
Car Accident Attorney Dayton OH
We pride ourselves on client satisfaction and strive to fully explain:
- All Compensation Available Under Ohio Law
- Medical Bills – Who Pays and How to Get Them Paid
- Lost Wage Repayment
- Out-of-Pocket Cost Reimbursement
- Collection of Medical Records and Bills
- Value of Pain and Suffering
- Expert Reports
- Property Damage Repairs and Diminished Value Claims
Dayton Car Accident Lawyers
In the bustling city of Dayton, OH, navigating the busy roads can sometimes lead to unforeseen circumstances, such as car accidents. While some might result in mere scratches and dents, others can be serious, causing grave injuries, substantial property damage, or even loss of life. The emotional and physical trauma can be overwhelming. Add to it the complicated legal aspects, and the situation becomes even more daunting. This is where skilled Dayton, OH car accident lawyers come into the picture.
Experienced car accident attorneys are experts at managing the intricate web of laws and regulations that surround these accidents. They are well-versed in Ohio’s complex legal system and are trained to protect their client’s rights effectively. Whether the accident is a minor fender-bender or a severe collision resulting in life-changing injuries, these professionals are equipped to handle the legalities, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
- One of the first steps a car accident lawyer would take is to assess the details of the accident. They will scrutinize police reports, witness statements, medical reports, and any other pertinent information to construct a robust case. Armed with this information, they can then identify the negligent parties and determine the rightful compensation that their client deserves.
- Dealing with insurance companies after a car accident can be tricky, as they often employ tactics to reduce or deny your claim. This is another area where a car accident lawyer can provide invaluable support. They negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, ensuring that you receive a fair settlement that accurately reflects the damages you have suffered.
- If a satisfactory settlement can’t be reached, Dayton car accident lawyers won’t hesitate to take the case to court. These seasoned litigators have extensive courtroom experience, enabling them to present compelling arguments to the judge and jury. They are adept at navigating through the complex trial process, leveraging their deep understanding of the law to fight for the justice their clients deserve.
- Furthermore, a car accident lawyer can also help you explore other possible avenues for compensation that you might not be aware of. This can include claims for lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages related to the accident. Their comprehensive approach ensures that all potential sources of compensation are pursued.
- Hiring a car accident lawyer can be a game-changer when dealing with the aftermath of a car accident. Their expertise in the legal landscape, combined with a committed approach towards securing justice for their clients, makes them an invaluable asset in these difficult times. Remember, you do not have to navigate this stressful period alone. With a Dayton car accident attorney by your side, you can focus on your recovery while they handle the complexities of the legal process on your behalf.
- One of the main qualities that distinguishes a good car accident lawyer is their commitment to client service. These legal professionals understand the emotional turmoil that an accident victim goes through. Therefore, they aim to provide not just legal assistance, but also emotional support, walking with their clients every step of the way. Contact the experienced Dayton car accident lawyers at Cowan & Hilgeman today to discuss further information.
Client alleged he sustained a neck injury which required surgery. Defendant offered $0 prior to the filing of lawsuit alleging that Client’s neck conditions were pre-existing which caused the need for surgery after the accident. Policy limits were obtained shortly before trial.
Client was struck by drunk driver causing spinous process fracture at T1-C7.
Client alleged injury to his neck which resulted in compression fracture but did not require surgery.
Client sustained a fractured pelvis and sacrum.
Client sustained a tibial plateau injury which required surgery. Defendant offered $30,000 prior to the filing of lawsuit.
USPS / Amazon / UPS / Fedex Accidents
Uber / Lyft / Rideshare Accidents
Hit and Run Accidents
Types of Car Accidents We Can Help With
Head on Collision
Any car accident can cause injury, but statistics show that head-on crashes are even more likely to result in serious harm or fatality to the driver or passengers in either vehicle.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety reported a 58% fatality rate for vehicle occupants in frontal impact crashes in 2017. A head-on crash is more likely in a rural area, and 13% of all rural fatal crashes are head-ons. In urban areas, fewer than 7% of fatal crashes are head-ons.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration defines road rage as when a driver “commits moving traffic offenses so as to endanger other persons or property; an assault with a motor vehicle or other dangerous weapon by the operator or passenger of one motor vehicle on the operator or passengers of another motor vehicle”.
The NHTSA makes a clear distinction between road rage and aggressive driving, where the former is a criminal charge and the latter a traffic offense. This definition places the blame on the driver.
Excessive speeding reduces the amount of time the driver has to react in a dangerous situation to avoid a crash, increases vehicle stopping distance, and reduces the ability of road safety structures (such as guardrails, impact attenuators, crash cushions, median dividers, and concrete barriers) to protect vehicle occupants in a crash.
Speeding was a factor in 26% of all traffic fatalities in 2018, killing 9,378, or an average of over 25 people per day.
High Speed Collision
The severity of injuries incurred in a high speed collision can be directly related to the speed of the vehicles in the collision. The faster a vehicle is traveling when it crashes, the more damage the vehicle will sustain. High speed impact crashes often leave accident victims with debilitating injuries and expensive medical bills. These types of accidents are typically caused by a careless driver, reckless or aggressive driving techniques, drivers who are distracted or failure to follow the rules of the road.
Texting While Driving
If you have been injured by a driver who was texting while driving, an accident lawyer at Cowan & Hilgeman Law may be able to help. Our attorneys can subpoena phone records to determine whether a driver was texting or talking at the time of the crash. Establishing that the other driver was driving negligently lets you pursue fair compensation in a legal claim or car insurance claim. By doing this, you can ensure that the other driver is held responsible for their reckless behavior.
Every day, 29 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This is one death every 50 minutes. When a drunk driving injury claim goes to trial, juries often decide to fully compensate victims for their injuries, in addition to awarding punative damages. It is sometimes possible to hold a bar or restaurant responsible for the harm caused when it can be proven that they provided alcoholic beverages to a person that was noticeably intoxicated, knowing that this person would soon be driving.
Side Impact (T-Bone) Collision
Side impact collisions are very serious and common accidents. They are responsible for approximately 8,500 deaths per year.
Side impact car crashes most often occur at intersections when drivers run red lights or stop signs, and have a significantly higher chance of causing bodily damage when the struck car is broadsided by a larger car with a higher bumper. This vulnerability in most automotives leads to more neck, spine, and head injuries than any other type of collision.
Asleep at the Wheel
Drowsy driving is almost always negligent driving, but proving it is the challenge.
Our experienced attorneys will obtain the police report generated after your accident, possibly subpoena the driver’s cell phone records and credit card receipts, and elicit key witness testimony to find any indication that the driver was awake too long or exhibited signs of drowsiness/inability to drive safely in the hours and minutes leading up to the accident. Investigators and expert accident reconstructionists may also be helpful in proving driver fatigue.
The injuries that result are often catastrophic or fatal, and according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, rollover accidents are second only to head-on collisions in their severity. It is estimated that 95% of all rollover accidents involving one vehicle are caused by tripping, which happens when a car’s tire hits something, like a curb or bump, and can happen because of car design, dangerous roadways, or defective tires.
Cowan & Hilgeman has the experience and resources that are necessary to fully investigate your case and prosecute your claims. If you have questions regarding your claims or benefits, call us today to schedule a free motor vehicle case consultation.
Why wait? No Risk – No Fee – No Obligation.
See for yourself why so many clients have trusted the motor vehicle accident attorneys at Cowan & Hilgeman to protect their rights. We are proud to offer free face-to-face motor vehicle case evaluations.
Please contact the Dayton Personal Injury Lawyers at Cowan & Hilgeman to schedule your free initial office consultation today.
From the Blog
T-bone accidents get their name from the T-shaped position of the vehicles when they collide. The nose of one vehicle hits the side of another vehicle. The wreck could occur at high speeds or low speeds, depending on the circumstances of the wreck. T-bone accidents are often catastrophic. A T-bone involves a head-on collision for one driver and a...
The answer is YES! As the passenger, you cannot be found at fault for the accident. A passenger in a car accident will have either a claim against the driver of the other vehicle or a claim against the driver of the vehicle in which he or she was a passenger. Regardless of who caused the accident, a passenger may file a personal injury claim to...
Car accidents can be one of the most stressful events a person can go through. Victims of someone else's negligence or malice have so much to deal with in the aftermath of a car accident: pain, injury, medical treatments, dealing with car insurance, getting their car fixed, taking time off work, missing out on lost pay, having to pay for medical...
Dayton roads see extreme congestion, though not as much as our metropolitan neighbor to the South, Cincinnati. Still, car accidents occur regularly on I-75, I-675, I-70, Highway 35, and other roadways throughout the area. While most of these accidents prove minor, even those minor crashes can cause serious injuries. The number of car accidents in...
Even if you get into a minor fender bender, you should be aware of these tricks used by insurance companies to get away with paying you as little as possible for your injuries. Introducing: The Insurance Claim Adjuster An Insurance Claim Adjuster's job is to investigate claims, determine who is at fault, and pay the smallest amount of money...
Food delivery apps like Doordash, Uber Eats and Grubhub are everywhere nowadays. They offer the convenience of ordering from many local restaurants without having to leave your home. The use of food delivery apps is projected to continue rising in the future. With tens of thousands of deliveries happening every day, it is only natural that people...
What We Can Do For You
Our personal injury lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for satisfied clients and often take cases other firms routinely reject. We are committed to results and take an individual approach to each case. One size does not fit all!
"I can not thank Mr. Jack R. Hilgeman, Michelle and Amy. For taking my case.. Their professionalism and kindness was so appreciated. From the first visit I just knew I could trust that my case was in good hands. Many thanks to them. God bless them."