AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Varsity Basketball
- Ranked 4th in graduating class
- Associate Editor of the Northern Kentucky University Law Review
- Moot Court Board & National Trial Advocacy Team
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONSOhio State Bar Association Kentucky Bar Association
Michael M. Mahon, ESQ.
Mike is an experienced litigation and trial attorney who, over the course of 12 years, has tried more than 15 cases to verdict with many involving claims in excess of $1,000,000. Before joining Cowan & Hilgeman, Mike was a partner at a large regional defense law firm representing insurance companies and other corporations, where he focused much of his practice in personal injury, trucking litigation, medical malpractice, and long-term care. He also practiced on the plaintiff side as well, and obtained a multi-million-dollar judgment against a large insurance company as a result of its improper handling of claims.
Although previously working mostly on the defense side, in joining Cowan & Hilgeman, Mike is uniquely positioned to use his knowledge of how insurance companies evaluate and defend claims to now advocate for victims of negligence. Mike would rather fight for the rights of victims of negligence than protect the interests of large corporations and insurance companies.
Mike devotes 100% of his practice to representing victims of catastrophic injury and loss of life due to auto/motorcycle/truck accidents, wrongful death, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, and product liability.
Mike’s legal accomplishments have not gone unnoticed with industry leaders recognizing him with the following awards:
- Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers® which recognizes no more than 5% of lawyers based on the highest peer review and grades for verdicts/settlements, transactions, representative clients, experience, honors/awards, special licenses/certifications, position within the law firm, bar and professional activity, pro bono and community service, scholarly lectures/writings, education/employment background and other outstanding achievements.
- Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch which is based entirely on peer review, capturing the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area. Best Lawyers® uses a sophisticated conscientious, rational, and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluation of the qualify of legal services.
Mike is married with twin boys, and when not in the office, he spends time with his family, traveling, and on the golf course.
About Cowan and Hilgeman Law
Cowan and Hilgeman has provided legal services for clients in Dayton and Southern Ohio for over 20 years. We allow clients to concentrate all of their legal needs and demands within one firm by having over 70 years combined professional experience. It is our goal to stand behind our pledge "be a name, not a number" ensuring our full commitment to every case.